Thursday, May 31, 2018

With Curds And Whey


The Mary Konior curds and whey edging has been in my stash for a while. Luckily it is just the right length to go around the new skirt, and the pink in the variegated thread picks up the pink of the fabric.

 I've been asked if sewing a lace decoration on is a boring job. No, not to me anyway. It does take time, but I feel rather elegant doing hand sewing - for some unknown reason my pinkie finger crooks like a Lady drinking tea!

Yesterday I bought fabric for two more skirts. Four pieces of fabric because I plan to line them. Sewing is on the agenda. 

12 comments:

  1. Seeing all of your wonderful creations inspired me to do a little fabric shopping of my own. Now, all I have to do is get started! I love the addition of lace to your skirt. I admit, I had to look up the type of fabric as I had not heard of it before. From what I read, the fabric should hold up really well. I also enjoy hand sewing. It does make me feel more elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect embellishment for your skirt!!! :) So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt looks most elegant with the edging - I love Curds and Whey, and the combination is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirt looks so elegant with the tatted border! Trying to see how you sewed it on, it looks as though only the top edge has been attached?
    Crimplene had it's heyday in the 60's, it's wonderful that it is still available to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sewed both sides of the border. Hopefully that’ll keep it intact when the skirt is washed. I suspect this fabric has been in someone’s stash for a long time, I don’t know that it’s available now.

      Delete
  5. The colours of the tatting blend in beautifully with your skirt material. Looking forward to seeing you model the finished item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect embellishment for your skirt and unquie to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hand sewing lace to garments too. Takes a shop bought garment onto a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the skirt turned out. The tatted edging is definitely the icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew Pretty in Pink with your tatted edging. I do agree about hand sewing being very relaxing...provided my thread doesn’t knot in the wrong places. Happy Sewing Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete