I've finished the set of puppets for the second trainee teacher. Left to right we have Scout the shark, Silas the sea otter, Sadie the sealion and Eric the elephant seal. The teacher is going to collect them from me at the market on Saturday.
Two years ago, I was asked by a trainee teacher to make puppets for a story telling project. Following that, I started making my bath puppets that have been so successful! Last week I was contacted by two more would-be teachers. One of them also wants puppets, specific ones to illustrate her story. The other one wanted a monkey puppet and a story board with felt animals that would stick to the board. She needed hers promptly, so I made it over the weekend. Luckily I already had a monkey puppet in stock.
It was quite good fun to create. I'm hopeless at drawing, so I looked online for a cartoon version of each animal and then printed it out to use as a pattern. Of course, even I can manage a snake and a spider!
PS My photo resizer stopped working, so I downloaded another one. I haven't altogether got the hang of it and haven't been able to put my name on the photos. I'll get there eventually.
I also got around to making the second blue skirt at last. No, I'm not going to put tatting on this one, which is going to the lady who gave me the fabric. She also gave me some lining fabric last week, so I used some of it to line the skirt. The colour in the photo is way off - the lining is actually a paler version of the outside blue. I hope this skirt will fit.
There were quite a few comments on the previous post, thanks, so I thought I'd write more about the cleaning of x-rays. I was advised to soak them in a bath of water with dishwashing liquid and bleach added. Apparently, on some of them the ink will just float off, some need rubbing and some won't come clean at all. Mine required rubbing with a sponge.
The market on Saturday went much better for me than last month's market, so that's good. I took along my spinning wheel and some of the multicoloured carded batts, because they're so eye catching, and indeed they did start conversations. Since then I've spun the batts, so that I can finish knitting the scarf.
I've sold all the fingerless gloves, so I need to make some more. A yarn customer said she's keen to see solid colours plyed together, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone, spin some 'barber pole' yarn to show her and knit gloves with it too. First step is to dye the solid colour, jade in this case: