Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Circle

Well, my demonstration of beaded crochet yesterday was not really a success. The lady who had asked me to do it wasn't there and I lost the others early on by being over complicated. Ah well, there are a few more people in the world who know what a beaded crochet rope is.

Some knitting instead. I saw this pattern on Pinterest and I had to try it. The pattern calls it a dishcloth, but I'm sure it could be used as a pot holder or mandala or something.
The pattern said 7 repeats, but when I'd done 7, my circle was not complete, so I had to do some more. That may be because I left the 'holes' caused by turning for short rows as a decorative feature.

I used 4-ply cotton for this. I bought it thinking that it was double knit. I still haven't learnt that in the low cost yarn shop I need to check the label of every single ball, because the different thicknesses are muddled on the shelves. I do like the colour and of course I can always find a use for a ball of yarn, whatever its thickness.

9 comments:

  1. I understand completely about teaching, it is very hard when you dont know what the crowd knows. Your knitting is fabulous and that edge is great love it🍃🌻🍃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your comment on my blog and wanted to know if your husband has watched the "forged in fire" show the tv show is great to watch and this conference was fascinating cause the instructors gave great tips for efficiency and working the metal. Now I really wish we lived closer :) are husbands would get along too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful circle!!! And great color too!! :)
    Thank you for sharing the link to the pattern cuz' I have a friend who knits and might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I love knitted doilies but can't do any of that circular knitting. Your beaded crochet rope is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This "potholder" is very visually pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teaching a craft to a group can be difficult, especially if there are several people who are not interested. I enjoy learning about new techniques, even if I don't expect to ever use them. I wish I could have been there! I've knit a similar dish cloth, and it's one of my favorites. However, I tend to stick with the simple square ones so that I don't have to think about what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Superb !!! Perhaps because of the extra repeats, it looks even more lacy. It reminds me of a beret ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry your class wasn't received better, but maybe most of the people were there only to "see how it goes" and weren't too serious about learning from the start. I like the knitted mat, the colour is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How unfortunate your class was less than you prepared for. This circle is far too pretty for a dishcloth. Lovely Knitting Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete