Saturday, May 5, 2018

Pairs

I've made and given away several pairs of pot holders since Easter. These two pairs are hot off the press, ready to be gifted.  I've made them into pairs using colour, but in fact they come from two different sources. The zig zag one is a pattern on Ravelry by Nichole Cupp, who also has a tutorial here, and the squares one is by angelfire, here. The two start off in different ways. The zigzag one overlaps two sets of blocks. The squares one weaves a foundation chain in the second colour through the blocks of the first colour. I wondered if I could use the squares technique for the zigzag. I could, and I think it gives a much neater start:

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I always use a tea towel and keep telling myself I need a proper pot holder.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome potholders!!! :) And great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually fond of pink, but I find the pink set to be very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun potholders and they make a wonderful hostess gift too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Black really brings out the design and colours.

    ReplyDelete