Tuesday, May 29, 2018

In the Pink

I was given this fabric. The colour is fine, but the texture is horrid, an old fashioned crimpalene. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, of course, I decided to use it to try out a skirt pattern I found on Pinterest. Here it is here.  I want to make a warm skirt, but warm fabric is usually expensive, so I want to be sure  the pattern will work, and  know exactly how much fabric to buy.

I traced the dimensions of the skirt out on newprint, as per the diagram. I had to sellotape a few pages together to get a big enough sheet, but it worked fine. The seams didn't need neatening, so it was a quick sew. I think it works. I'll need fabric that is at least 150 cm wide, and without a one-way pattern.  I hope I can find some in town tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful skirt & this fabric looks like it has good drape. Show us a modeled pic later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A line skirts are very flattering. I think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the skirt design. I hope the skirt turns out the way you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure it will be wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should look great as a skirt, I look forward to seeing your updates

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are wise to make a test skirt. The style is classic and will be lovely in warm fabric.

    ReplyDelete