Friday, May 11, 2018

'Just Start'

I took the advice that God's Kid gave in a comment on my previous post and made a start on my beaded knitting project. The pattern is from Family Album by Kaffe Fassett and Zoe Hunt. I followed the instructions to photostat the graph and then colour in with pencil crayons. The original is intended to show different coloured yarns, but it works for different coloured beads too.

I had a set back when a bead broke when I was doing the following plain row. Drat! Nothing for it but to undo the whole beaded row, cut the thread, add a bead and redo the row. Last week I experimented with making a join in the middle of a row, but it doesn't work. It's not possible to leave it as is either, the space glares out.
My plan is to make an entire pattern, tulips facing both ways, and then show the experts at the next meeting before going any further.

11 comments:

  1. :((( That bead breaking must have been an infuriating moment! I hadn't thought of that but indeed, it seems difficult to find any way to fix this other than redoing the row. Arrrg... I hope the remaining beads are ok.
    Very pretty motif; I'm looking forward to your FO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice to follow and I love the shaded motifs - brings in a naturalness.
    Hope the bead snag doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is pretty! Is this the one you will be turning into a handbag?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you are working on this at the same time as you are designing and crocheting a lacy evening top? You are indefatigable and I do enjoy seeing everything you achieve. Good luck with all your projects for this year, I still remember sharing your disappointment several years ago when your beautiful cardigan didn't win a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had a bead break in the middle of the row... I'm glad you were able to fix it and continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very smart of you to make a paper pattern and color it in. DRAT that broken bead. Lovely Tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful pattern by a world famous man, I am sure you will do it justice, Good idea to colour it in and then work row by row, I am sure it's going to work out beautiful as your work always does.
    Sorry for the late comment I have been away

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a bracelet and broke a bead and wondered if there was a way to replace it I was thinking sewing in with small thread but never tried it. I just wear bracelet anyway 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sewing it in could work. I considered it here but because it wasn’t very far back and this is for competition decided to redo it.

      Delete