Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pattern for Flower Dangle and Earrings




Pattern for Flower Dangle and Earrings


Copyright Jane McLellan 2012

Materials used
Size 10 thread in green; beads approx 3mm in size, approx 80 in  flower colour and  9 green for leaf; clasp; 1 shuttle; needle or hook for threading beads.









Method
Wind ¾ m green thread onto shuttle and then without cutting thread,  make a ring 1 ds, long picot. I used a shirt label 45mm wide as a picot guage. Thread approx 8 beads onto the picot, leaving a small  space at the top for joining.
Join the picot to the ring, forming the first petal. Repeat 4 times. Close ring.
Reverse work and using the ball thread, make a chain of 3 Victorian sets 4-4 ie make the first half of a double stitch 4 times, then the second half 4 times for 1 set.
Attach a clasp, using the ball thread.
Do three more sets, then a long picot as before, adding green beads and joining to form a leaf.
Do four more sets.
Reverse work. Use the shuttle thread to make another flower as before.
Cut thread, tie and hide the ends in the ring.
Earrings

Earrings can be made in exactly the same way, using size 40 thread, tiny beads and a hook in place of a clasp. And of course you have to make two!

14 comments:

  1. Hallo Jane, thank you soo much for pattern! They are sooo nice!!! You know what I will do this evening ;-))))Happy weekend! Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tadahh, if you like, visit my results on my blog! Was much fun, and now I look pretty and my handbag also ;-))
      Hugs Gunhild

      Delete
    2. They look wonderful! I do like to see someone using the pattern, and am impressed that it can be used for needle tatting too.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, Jane. It was first time for me to tat the Victorian chain, hadn't any good reason for that before ;-). But it's nice to use here! If you won't mind I can add my tatting hints for needle tatting on my blog and you link it? Just let me know ;-)

      Delete
    4. Yes, that's a good idea. I don't know anything about needle tatting, but I think it's good if a pattern can be used for needle tatting too.

      Delete
  2. So lovely pretty earrings!!!
    Thank you for your sharing,
    I really like it, I'm going to tat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane
    Sience I cannot get an e-mail to you the package just arrived and I love the thread. Thanks. Now I am going to wind it up. Love the earring pattern.Thanks.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have spoilt us. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I hope you do not mind but I made a necklace inspired by your earings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, I think it's wonderful!! Your necklace is really pretty.

      Delete
  7. It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our discussion made here.
    my web page > season

    ReplyDelete