Thursday, May 17, 2018

Shaping Up

I was a bit worried about the shaping required for my crochet top. The top is worked mostly in one piece, apart from a front panel, so the thought of getting it wrong and having to rework the top (using a 1 mm hook!) was daunting.  I decided to do a practice piece. "Spend time to save time" perhaps. Turns out it wasn't too difficult. Though I think next time I will shorten the chain that replaces the missed shell when reducing. That should make the reduction less obvious.

This little piece also serves as a sample to work out how many repeats and rows I will need. I realised that my work is much smaller than the pattern. So I checked the front panel and, sure enough, I need to do a couple more repeats to make it workable.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you will have it all figured out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree over the 'spend time to save time'. You amaze me how you tackle these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good idea to try the pattern before tackling a full blown pattern,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your “Spend Time to Save Time” approach. Wise Lady. <3

    ReplyDelete