Thursday, May 24, 2018

Starting Over

On Tuesday afternoon I showed my crochet and beaded knitting to the competition fundi(expert). She says the pattern I'm using for a crochet top will work, but I'll have to add beads and ribbon to make sure it qualifies as 'evening wear'. Right. I decided to start over, mainly because I realised that my crochet is smaller than the pattern, so I will need to make adjustments. I'm going to use an existing top as a template. I'm doing 10 repeats on the front panel instead of 8. I've made the central 'ladder' bigger to make it easier to thread a ribbon through it. Let's hope I"m on the right path now and this is the real deal!

9 comments:

  1. I do like the pattern you are using. I see that you are using No. 8 thread. I've not tried that size before. Maybe that's why I've never been happy with crocheted garments I've attempted. Using a top that you have as a template is a terrific idea. I may have to look through my stash of threads and crochet patterns and follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m a little puzzled by the size 8. It seems pretty similar to size 20. I would have expected it to be much thicker than 20.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful design!!! :) You do fabulous work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where will you add the beads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll add them to the bottom edging. I’m thinking bigger beads in the centre of the shell and small ones in the picots.

      Delete
  4. My goodness you've got such a lot of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the top will turn out good enough for the judges and win a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done well with changing the size before I am sure it will work out the ribbon part will hopefully just be interesting to see what color and were that goes too😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous and will be wonderful with sparkly beads

    ReplyDelete