An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Friday, March 1, 2013
I'm not sure that 'mending' is an adequate word for this task, which has been on my to-do list for months. Last winter I knitted Jack a jersey. He promptly burnt a hole in the front, while using the angle grinder. I patched the hole. I don't know if the patch came adrift, or he burnt it again, but another hole appeared. I ignored it. By the end of winter, the hole was huge! Yesterday I snipped a thread above the hole and then undid one row, picking up the stitches at the top as I went. So eventually the bottom of the jersey separated from the rest. The jersey was knitted in the round, so I could go right around without any problem. Now I'm going to knit downwards to replace the holey part. I'm going to keep the cut off part - I might just need it for more patches!