Monday, March 25, 2013

The Tail's Tale

 The pattern says to make the flower, tie and cut and then make the tail. I wanted to make the flower and then carry on with the tail without cutting. I thought I could do that by doing the last petal as a single shuttle split ring, carrying the green thread inside the first half. The problem was, I couldn't join that petal to the other petals of the flower. It was just a mess. So I decided to use daisy picots. I haven't done daisy picots for quite a while, the tension on my first attempt was hopeless. But, eventually, I had a flower with a green centre and could continue the tail without cutting.

3 comments:

  1. It does seem a bit cumbersome to make the flower, tie and cut and then make the tail. Daisy picots... hmmm... another technique to learn!

    ReplyDelete