Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Alternative Method

 I'm tatting Lenore English's Celtic Bookmark again, but this time using the alternative method given in the pattern. In the original method, layer 2 was forced through layer 1. Here, layer 2 is woven up and down as layer 1 is tattted. I think it'll cause less distortions of the tatting, so it's better, really. I shortened the chains on the pink layer. The pattern does say that they must be very tightly tatted, but even so, I think they were a bit long.

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried Celtic tatting. It looks a bit confusing, and I think I would have trouble with long chains. Still, I love seeing what others have done with the technique.

    The colors you've chosen look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be pretty, I have always liked the pastel yellow and pink together. and using the alternative method looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete