Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jessica

 On Tuesday I was asked if I'd be prepared to help other people tat bookmarks for a competition. Of course, I'd be more than happy to! So I thought I had better look for patterns that use only rings and chains -  no split rings, self closing mock rings, interlocking layers, you get the picture. Keeping the theme of flowers which the competition requires.  This bookmark is called Jessica, designed by Kersti Anear. I'm working it again in one colour, so that I can have ball and shuttle CTM and have fewer ends to hide. The pattern uses only one colour, but I like the effect of flowers and vines that two colours give.

4 comments:

  1. It looks really nice!! :)
    A variegated might do nicely using one ball with several colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea,except that the competition rules say (oddly) that you can't use variegated threads. I'm trying to conform with the rules as I experiment.

      Delete
  2. I like the contrast too.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's very nice! I might have my newbies give it a try!

    ReplyDelete