Friday, January 4, 2019

Ice Drops

On Wednesday afternoon there was a tremendous crack of lightning and pfft, our power went off. It was restored 24 hours later, though our internet connection has only just been sorted out. There's a scorch mark on the floor where an electrical adapter melted, but thankfully there's remarkably little damage. There was no rain to accompany the thunder and lightning, sadly. We really need rain.

I went on tatting through the outage, but without the internet was restricted to patterns that I already had to hand.  That was no great hardship!
Top left is Nicola Bowersox's Birthday Ice Drop. The other two are Diane's: Rootbeer Fudge and Purple Fudge.

I have a new bag of turquoisey blue 'gems':
I think they combine well with white thread, though I'll try other colours too, of course.

15 comments:

  1. Perfect combo and justifies the name ❄
    We're expecting rain over the weekend, brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- a scorch mark on the floor? Yikes!!! I'm glad you're safe and only lost power. The ice drops are beautiful, my favorite is the birthday drop and the white/turquoise is very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used the time for the thunder and lightning storm to pass to create some lovely dainty ice drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful turquoise blue gems! Perfect with white thread. I hope the rain you need arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can have some of our rain! 2018 broke records with over 70 inches for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, we don't want that much, just a little of it would do!

      Delete
  6. Fresh ice drops. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you’re OK minus that scorched floor! Rain to go along with that would have been nice. I love your ice drops - the turquoise is beautiful with white thread. What a great way to pass the storm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beside the scorching scare I like how you used your time well done all look great and a great color to pick for drops. Now is your winter coming soon or do you have a few months to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the middle of Summer now. We should have been getting rain for 2 or 3 months.

      Delete
    2. That's not good we live in what they call a rainforest with a winter so it's ruff to not have water. The year before last was like that. It's scary at times and I know your family raises sheep too.

      Delete
  9. Awesome Ice Drops!!! :)
    So thankful no one was hurt due to the lightening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love root beer fudge! How confronting to find a scorch mark on your floor, I think I would have been hiding under the table. I hate the severe storms we get in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ice drops! Many to come, it seems!

    ReplyDelete