Thursday, January 17, 2019

Half Way




I didn't get any knitting done on Tuesday, but yesterday I finished the first half of the bag. This is one side of a drawstring bag, 15 cm by 20 cm. I'm using the method I worked out on the previous project - thread one row of beads and check it before threading the next, then knit each row without reference to the chart. So far, so good! The second half will be knitted continuously from this one, since it's a reversible pattern, I can just fold the piece to make the bag.

9 comments:

  1. That’s a lot of counting and checking! Best way to do it, though. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can see that the work and need to concentrate would ie in threading the beads in the right order! Do you keep a pair of players handy, just in case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can call on Jack and his leatherman tool, but so far haven't needed to.

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful design! I would love to sit and knit with you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to me the tension needs to be loose for this kind of bag as compared to the clutch purse. Did you make any conscious effort? Or am I mistaken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using a slightly bigger needle, 2.25 mm instead of 2mm. In truth that's because I mislaid the 2mm, but I hope the looser tension lends drape.

      Delete
  5. Lovely delicate colors and beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous piece look forward to seeing the rest

    ReplyDelete