Wednesday, January 30, 2019

High Time

A friend of mine is destashing and gave me some yarns she thought I might be able to use. Apparently this green wool was bought by her mother-in-law some 60 years ago! High time someone put it to use, don't you think? Good thing it was moth proofed, it still looks in perfect condition:
I'm in the mood to crochet a blanket. I think the green would be a bit overpowering on its own but perhaps I could combine it with some Italian wool that was also in the gift:
I browsed through Pinterest until I found a little square that I thought would work. I tried a sample with a green centre:
Bit dull. A yellow centre would make it pop. I spun some wool and yesterday dyed it yellow.
I've made a start:
I like the way the variegated wool gives me flowers of different colours. I don't know how far it will go. I'll use up all the Italian wool and then decide how to proceed. Perhaps do another green round on each square, perhaps do a wide border.....

5 comments:

  1. It's going to be so pretty!!! Love the flowers!! They will give it variation!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squares are looking great!!! 60 years is a long wait 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree, variegated yarns are great for this kind of project! This one looks particularly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky gift. Good to have friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers, this will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete