Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Level 2

When I first paged through the book, this was the pattern that really grabbed my attention. If I'd been picking and choosing, instead of working through the book, I'd probably have started here. It's a straight forward tat, with no bare threads or long picots. I made some silly mistakes near the beginning. Luckily I remembered my own advice to snip rings not chains and fixed them without too much difficulty. I used size 20 Anchor thread, white like the picture in the book. It measures about 18 cm or 7 inches across.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous !!! I agree that this medallion itself is worth buying the book for :-)
    Half of this pattern also looks like a peacock's plumage .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked this one! - and it's perfect in white. White thread is tricky, I began the new Renulek doily in white, but already it's looking yellow. So into the bin it has gone. It was a cheap brand, just for practising, maybe a higher quality thread wouldn't have discoloured so easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this will discolour, but I'm wondering how dusty it would get if I keep it for myself.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! I made this one too when I got the book. I love how those rings ,ale theses "rays" of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one, the central flower sets the doily off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's stunning!!! :) I love the design!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful Jane, it looks so dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! I love the look of this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I wanted to make this one first too, and then never did, love the tip and use this often cause I make mistakes often too:) P.S. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete