Monday, May 23, 2016

Colourways


I tatted motif 21 in different colourways in an attempt to show the structure off better. I thought the idea of tatting the little flowers (brick colour in the top picture and white in the bottom one) separately to begin with sounded like a hassle. But actually it went fine and the technique of joining those flowers up as I went along worked well. I quite liked the orange colour blips in the second one, but I avoided them in the outer round by using Catherine Wheel Joins.

10 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty, I keep meaning to get back to a bit of tatting.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both, but the second one really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Nice green outline in top one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever to use th CWJ to avoid blips. I think I would have avoided this motifs based on those small flowers, how clever you are to work straight through and learn new things about what you like and not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely. There are several I'd have skipped but have enjoyed tatting.

      Delete
  5. Two lovely pretty motifs, I like them both. And gorgeous pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see the difference and like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the second one. Smart to use the CWJ such a great technique to know.

    ReplyDelete