Monday, December 22, 2014

Not Yet

I finished knitting the front of my Frost Flowers top yesterday. I thought I'd be able to show you the finished garment today, but finishing off always takes longer than I bargain for. The pattern said to finish the neck with single crochet, but I wasn't really happy with that. Instead I've picked up stitches and knitted an edging. I hope it's going to lie flat, I can't really tell until I've finished.  Once I've done the neck edging, I must sew in all the ends, block the pieces and sew the side seams. I've a way to go yet then.

6 comments:

  1. I love the lacy look a fun mystery to to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as good as you at knitting or crochet and I know that my single crochet tends to tighten. I think that your knitted edging is the best choice for the neck. It's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling the heat ;-p Can't wait to see the completed project!
    I can see a bit of scalloped edge ?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all part of the fun of knitting, looking forward to seeing the finished jumper when it's finished
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of work, but you are moving so quickly. I've been following along and can't wait to see it finished. The stitches make a very pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure it will look beautiful!!! :)
    Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete