Monday, December 8, 2014

Colour Combining

I need a simpler project to work on alongside the frost flowers top, so I decided to do some spinning. I had some dyed wool left over from the muted yarn I spun in September - yellow, orange and brown. I decided to combine it with natural wool to make enough yarn for a project, but didn't want to card the colours together as I did before, worried that the colours would be so muted as to be just about silent.
Instead I spun one thread alternately orange and natural, one yellow and natural and the third brown and natural, then plied them together:

Wound into skeins, this is how it looks:
Random is what I wanted and random is what I got. Or should that be hit and miss? I still have another batch to spin and then will see how it looks knitted up.

2 comments: