Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions on yesterday's post. Monica pointed out that I had wound the thread in the wrong direction! Oops. Thanks Monica. This morning I cut a shuttle from an old bleach bottle. Not very elegant, but it does seem to work. I didn't find it necessary to use LadyTat's tip to do a half hitch round a prong, as I did with the clay shuttle, but I will keep it in mind.
Here's why I need a bigger shuttle for this 4 ply cotton:
Jon's daisy pin is made with only chains, and the rest of my barefoot sandal was split rings, I thought I could fit enough thread onto normal shuttles to complete the sandal. Nope. I couldn't finish the strap around the ankle. Plan B is to make another strap from the left and tie at the back of the ankle. But I would like to be able to make a sandal without joining in new thread.