Thursday, May 9, 2024

I Have A Plan

 


One of the problems with the  cotton yarn I showed in the previous post is that each ball is a different colour. I used to sell packs of coordinated colours, and these balls are obviously left over from one of those. How to make two identical socks with such a variety of colours? Yesterday I remembered the helix socks  I knitted last year. Aha, that could be the answer. I'll knit the legs of both socks using the helix technique and then decide whether there's enough yarn for both feet, or I should use the fifth colour plain. 

5 comments:

  1. You are a problem solver! They will turn out fine with your plans in place 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went back and looked at your first post on the helix sock. This is interesting. I need to look further into this. Wonderful socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks like it was made with variegated yarn. Such a good idea! I see now why ribbing wouldn't have worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan and those colours look lovely together

    ReplyDelete