Monday, March 9, 2020

Kitchen curtains




The kitchen window looks out onto the back garden, so curtains are not essential. But a room without curtains looks bare and 'camped in', so I have been meaning to make curtains. I visualised very light muslin curtains, but when I went to the shop where I used to buy muslin for sarongs, they didn't have fabric that light. This slightly heavier cotton is probably more practical for curtains. White on its own is a bit boring, so I added the gingham strips to brighten them up. 

5 comments:

  1. Those are lovely, Jane and I like the gingham added too. That's something you never see in our house - a bare draining board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!! Tatted lace insertions would've been perfect as well ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They looks really wonderful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete