I bought a remnant of fabric last week, to add a strip to the bedroom curtains I'm making. But when I came to use it this morning, I discovered that it's really dirty. I'll have to wash and iron it before I can use it. So in the meantime I thought I'd try making this cloth flower.
tutorial is here. I don't like the bling that the original uses to cover up the centre. I made fabric circles instead. I'm thinking of using buttons to sew the flowers to the bathroom curtains that are next on the agenda. I gave away most of my fabric scraps when we moved house. Luckily a friend of mine was happy for me to raid her fabric stash! The tutorial says to use a stiff fabric, but since each petal is four layers, I think it's best to use a fine fabric. I tried one with gingham - it turned out a bit bulky and the gathering stitches were hard to sew.