Friday, March 15, 2019

Still More Green

Having finished a blanket and a cardigan, I find that I still have a significant amount of bright green wool:
My resolve to use it all up is being severely tested! I've decided to make another blanket. There's another packet of yarn in the 'destashing pile' I was given, a fuzzy sort of acrylic:
Combining it with the green would relieve the green a bit, but as they're so different, combining them is not necessarily easy. I did some experimenting and found that the pattern I used for the first blanket worked best:
This time I'll join the squares as I go from the beginning. I'll make it the same size as the first one to begin with, I can always add more squares if I STILL have green left over.

3 comments:

  1. They do work well together in this pattern 💚💜💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the two colors together. That is a lot of green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful garden blanket!! :)

    ReplyDelete