Tuesday, March 5, 2019

All Square

I saw this crochet square on Pinterest and was intrigued. How did they do that? I struggled to track the pattern down. I had a go at winging it and working it out for myself, but the back was a complete mess:
I renewed my efforts to track the pattern and eventually found it on Top Crochet Patterns. The pattern is Yellow Cross by Lucinda Ganderton. The trick is to not to make a chain between shells, so that the floats on the back are not too long:
Aha. I think it has possibilities.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know that website, thanks for the link :) Lovely square indeed. I like the original with a contrasting border, but I think your version is great too, and it will make interesting motifs if several squares are joined :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that pattern before. It's very intriguing! I bet it will look interesting with multiples stitched together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the possibilities!!! Love it 💗 Great site as well.

    ReplyDelete