Friday, October 19, 2018

Roses

I've almost finished the third shirt:
It's pretty much the same as the first shirt, so here's a picture of Jack's climbing roses for variation:
I also took a photo of a weaver's nest in the tree outside the diningroom window. The weaver builds an intricate nest. It's fascinating to watch the male fly back and forth with grass fronds to weave with.
Mine is not a great photo, you can see some better photos here or look up weaver bird on youtube, to see the bird in action.

7 comments:

  1. The roses are lovely! That weaver bird is really incredible - how fun it must be to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses are lovely, and what joy to be able to watch them build a nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those roses are amazing. Glad you have a design which Jack likes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your roses look like my dad's favorite roses called Seven Sisters roses. My dad built a trellis for them and one of his grew to over 12 foot high by about 8 foot wide. Very beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's interesting, I'll ask Jack if he knows the name of the rose.

      Delete
  5. I missed the 's in Jack's & kept searching for Jack climbing the roses !!! Disappointed at not finding him there ;-p

    Lovely roses & they must exude such scents - do you use the petals in any way? Here, they are used in cooking and garnishing and scent-making, etc. etc.

    I could spend hours watching birds build their nest! I've seen a lot of tailor bird nests during our interstate drives, but never one in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roses don’t have a strong scent, funnily enough. I don’t use them, except to put in vases.

      Delete