Wednesday, October 31, 2018
glasses case, she said she thought it needed some sort of padding or reinforcement. To protect the glasses, that makes sense. I thought I'd do a practice run before tackling the real deal. Just as well I did, because it turned out to be much more difficult than I visualised!. The first one, with a loose stiffener, is a lumpy mess. For the second one, I ironed the stiffener to the fabric. It's better, but adding the lining still resulted in lumps. A different approach entirely was required. For the third one I used felt. I used fusible web to fuse it to the fabric and the lining. All this has taken a lot of time and I'm still not sure I've got it right. Sigh. I don't think I'm a perfectionist at heart.