Monday, January 29, 2018

Day 6 and Renulek 2018

I joined the last chain on day 5 to the next ring - which of course was not in Jane's instructions at all! So I had to begin day 6 by undoing that lock join and then trying to follow a bit more carefully. Whatever it is I'm making.



Renata has started her Spring Doily for 2018.  She's going to give the stitch count for each round, once a week. If you don't like that way of working, you can buy the pattern from her Etsy shop, but I'm going to go the weekly route. I found a home for last year's doily, no problem, so I figure I will be able to find a home for this one too. My self-imposed mission is to climb out of each round as much as possible. Usually I wind on just enough thread for the round, but this time I have filled two shuttles and used a split chain so that I am ready for round 2. The thread is Coats size 40, bought in a charity shop in England a few years ago.

4 comments:

  1. I am so far behind on the TIAS. It sure does look like an elephant trunk! I purchased Renata's pattern, but I have not started it yet. You're getting way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an elephant to me! Renulek 's pattern looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete