Friday, February 14, 2014

Not Done Yet

Oh my word. On Wednesday I discovered that there was yet another procedure to be done on my Schwalm embroidery. The grids that I had created had to be filled in using woven stitches in a variety of patterns. I worked manically all day yesterday and this morning to get it done. I periodically sent a photo off to my teacher to get her opinion and advice, a system that worked surprisingly well. Long distance embroidery tuition, thanks Whatsapp! On Wednesday Corlie told me how to prepare the piece for presentation. I've just put the last stitch into the material backing. My final step will be to make a 100 km (60 mile) trip this afternoon to deliver it. Phew.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of last minute preparation! Have a safe trip. I know it's really not that far, but...

    Your embroidery is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed this is great work! how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17cm by 15cm. I had to measure it carefully in order to make the backing 5 cm bigger than that all round.

      Delete
  3. Your embroidery is just beautiful Jane! And the little heart in it is perfect for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece continues to amaze me - every time I look at it! Good luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. drive safely,. That is a very awesome piece of work. Congratulations on finishing on time and getting it ready for presentation.

    ReplyDelete