Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thanks and Happy New Year

 Thanks very much to the people who followed, read and commented on this blog through 2013. I appreciate your support! And wish you all a splendid year in 2014.

The 'carnation' is hyperbolic tatting. It's tatted in Milford size 40 thread, with tiny beads on the outer row. The beads look as though they're sprinkled over the flower, which just goes to show how convoluted the final row is. There's a loop at the back that the ribbon threads through.

8 comments:

  1. That's so pretty, I've done hyperbolic crochet but not tatting, are there patterns out there for it?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briony, there's a link to Patty Dowden's PDF about hyperbolic tatting on the right hand side of this page. This isn't a pattern as such, I just followed Patty's instructions and added beads.

      Delete
  2. Happy new year and also thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my blog,
    Lovely carnation, never try this type of tatting is on my list to do some day.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I don't know what this word means "hyperbolic" I will have to look it up :) I am guessing it's kind or ruffling It's weird I was thinking of this last night when I looked up the flowers the represent the month of January and you got it! This is beautiful and a wonderful way to start the new year! Happy New year to you and I always enjoy your posts and learn a lot. Sooo did where do you find this pattern? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a link to an article about hyperbolic tatting on the right hand side of this page. Interesting stuff! I didn't use a pattern as such, just followed Patty's instructions and added beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks I just Googled pictures of it and saw the pretty spiral effect I will check out the instructions thanks :)

    ReplyDelete