Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fiddling


When I saw this bracelet in the jewellery supplement to the South African magazine I buy every month, I thought it would be fun to tat a version. On the first attempt, I tatted the grey rings and chains and then interwove  black mock rings and chains. It's messy and doesn't work. Second time around, I kept the grey ring open before tatting the black ring, but tied myself up in knots and tangles. Third time, I tatted and closed a grey ring and then tatted a black Self Closing Mock Ring and threaded that through the grey ring before closing, then tatted a grey chain and another grey ring. I think it could work.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed! That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely pattern and I look forward to see how you get on with your efforts, so far I am impressed with your efforts on the pattern.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting bracelet! I'm not sure that I could figure out how to tat something like that. I do like the colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have "celtic tatting" by Rosella Linden, p 6 has something like a SINGLE color...weaving them as you work might give you something helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful idea. Congrats on getting it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's me again, this makes me wonder when you finish it..... which came first the medal bracelet or the tatted one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it will be a great pattern!! And your attempts look wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete