Monday, July 8, 2013

What I've Learnt So Far

 I've by no means conquered Martha Ess's Two Hearts as One, but I've learnt a couple of things. Firstly, it helps keep track if you use completely different shuttles for the 'shuttle thread' and 'ball thread'. The first time I attempted this, I used aero shuttles for blue and post shuttles for pink, but it works better to use the aero shuttles for both 'ring shuttles' and post shuttles as the 'chain shuttles'.

The pattern neatly goes from round to round using split chains and split rings, but I think that to begin with it's better to do the rounds separately. That way, if (when!) you make a mistake on round 2, you can cut it off leaving round 1 intact.

Above all, don't panic, don't panic (said in a very panicky voice!)

6 comments:

  1. Haha! You've given me my morning chuckle! I haven't tried this particular pattern yet, but I have run into trouble keeping track of shuttles. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are making some progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget, don't panic even if all around you are.
    I am not sure what the pattern is perhaps its me, is it a heart?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's Martha Ess's pattern, two hearts are interlinked to make one heart. This is a practice piece, so looks rather odd.

      Delete
  4. Best wishes on conquering this pattern. I haven't tried it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Jane! It is not easy, but you do it well:))))

    ReplyDelete