Friday, July 26, 2013

Hot off the Press

I have just finished the Victoria Trellis doily from the Julia Sanders book, and ironed it. I must blog about it straight away before my internet connection disappears. For the second day in a row our nearest town has no electricity because the cable has been stolen. Our internet man is kindly running a generator for a few hours to keep us connected for a while. My brother tells me that cable theft is a problem world wide since the price of copper went up, but gee, this is getting ridiculous!

I still have to find the right fabric to go in the middle of my doily. The thread I used is Cebelia Ecru size 20.

15 comments:

  1. That's so pretty. Did you count how many picots you tatted? There seem to be a lot which makes it look so dainty.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 361 in the last row alone! I like the modern look with few picots, but this does look frothy and dainty.

      Delete
  2. That's stunning. Bet you're glad it's finished now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, though why I felt as though something was chasing me to finish I don't know, it doesn't have a home to go to!

      Delete
  3. This doily is absolutely beautiful! I'm anxious to see what fabric you use for the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh is that amazing!! So very beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking same thing, so frilly and nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! It looks amazing. I have often admired that pattern, but never tried it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stealing copper cables?? - that's incredible, it must be very frustrating for everyone. I have a most beautiful copper rose bowl which was given to me by an uncle in South Africa many years ago- I will have to look after it with more appreciation now!
    And the trellis doily is lovely - Cebelia is really good for some projects, isn't it - it has a nice sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, gorgeous and a wow doily.
    Theft of cables and pipes seem to be something we all have to live with, the people that take them don't care how much they interrupt other people's lives just so they can get some money. I hope you ever took the cable is going though the same inconvenience.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely piece! I can't wait to see it competed with the center sewn in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so dainty, such perserverance but well worth it. Stunning

    ReplyDelete