Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Victorian Trellis Doily

This is my 20th challenge for the 25 Motif Challenge. I have actually done trellis work before in my previous incarnation as a tatter. But that was an awfully long time ago and Frivole has updated the method for tatting this. Thanks for the very clear tutorial! Thanks to Frivole too for a link to the Priscilla Tatting Book edited by Julia Sanders. I own a copy of the book, but it's in storage, so I'm glad to have access to it online. I can work the rest of the doily from the online book.

6 comments:

  1. Wow you are busy. This really looks good, the twisted look is back. I think this put into a purse would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lovely and a very useful pattern for lots of things. Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my to-do list... along with many others! I know I'll enjoy watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tatting!
    It would be a pretty necklace as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking along those lines too. It's quite stretchy, so you'd have to compensate for that in some way.

      Delete