An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Friday, May 9, 2014
I went through my fabric stash this morning and tried different fabrics behind the 'Under An African Sky' doily. I won't show you them all, but here's a selection:
The funny thing is, red looks alright in real life, but horrible on screen, whereas mint green looks fine here, but I didn't like it in reality. I've settled on cream. Rather a safe choice, but in looks fine in both versions and doesn't detract from any of the colours of the doily. I've prepared the fabric by sewing running stitch to mark eighths, so I can block the doily carefully to be sure the segments are all the same. So don't take too much notice of the wobbly look here!