Thursday, February 29, 2024

Round 4 Begun

 


Round 4  of the Spring doily is out today. To begin with, I used green for the chains and yellow for rings, but I decided I was making things unnecessarily complicated for myself and changed to all yellow. I also realised that it was a mistake to try to use shuttle and ball, two shuttles work better. I notice in the Renulek photos that joining picots are very small. But when I tried to do that on round 3, my circle didn't meet up! So I'm not making my picots that tiny. I wonder if it's because I'm using Milford thread that is very tightly wound? I don't know. 

Now I need to get back to preparing for tomorrow's craft group meeting and Saturday's market! 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your adventure in the doily. I like your color choice. Interesting that round 3 needed larger picots in your thread. Much to think about.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the same discovery on round 3, and I also wondered if my joining picots were too small or if my thread was somehow different from the thread she is using. I did the whole 3 rounds again, and made my picots a tiny bit bigger on round 3, and it worked perfectly. My joining picots are often so tiny they're hard to see, so I suspect mine were just too small.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also redid all the rounds, tightening the chains on round 2 as well as making the picots bigger.

      Delete
  3. Nice color choice! I really enjoyed tatting this round. I love the way the little medallion is worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and I look forward to seeing how the doily works out, Gook luck with the market

    ReplyDelete