Monday, February 5, 2024

Puzzling

 My patterns and tutorials are hosted on the Keep&Share website, a free hosting service that works very well. Every week they send me a report showing the number of views of my patterns. They vary, of course, but mostly the figures are in single digits. The most popular pattern isn't mine at all, it's Grace Tan's Jane's Bookmark Cross. Here's the puzzling bit - last week some of the patterns had views of over 100 and this week they're in the 300s! How does such a huge increase come about? Some of them are rather obscure, like the 'Beaded Knitting Using a Chart', which is seldom looked at.  It's not a problem, far from it, but just a puzzle. 

A post without a picture is a bit dull, so here's a photo of paper flowers we made from doilies at Friday's craft group meeting:



5 comments:

  1. More eyeballs should be good, hopefully! I have no idea of my views, except for blog posts. When an old one crops up in the top 5 suddenly, I assume it's because a group somewhere is interested in the pattern or tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for earrings and saw some on your list of patterns. However, Keep & Share, where they were located, wouldn't let me see anything. I tried several times, without success. Maybe other people couldn't get in and tried a few times, also.
    SWilson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, sorry to hear that. If you email me, I’ll send you the pattern. I have your address, but don’t know which pattern you’re interested in.

      Delete
  3. None of your patterns would open up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number of Views is Black Magic. Almost as mystifying as SEO. Even the pros interpret views differently. I once witnessed in a restaurant a disagreement about how to measure views between two tech workers. They came to blows!
    If you notice a spike, like you just had, you might post something similar to see if it was random or true interest. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete