Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Knitted

 


I've knitted up the yarn I dyed and spun last week, as I described here.  I think it turned out well, so I'm going to make another batch. I have some dye left over from this project, so I'm using the same colours. But I decided to dye the three colours separately, which will give me more control over the colours when I spin. I didn't want to have to use the oven three times over, so I put the roving into oven bags and cooked them together:


I rinsed the wool and put it out to dry:


It'll soon be ready to spin. Oh, before I forget, the hat pattern is Fishtail Hat Pattern from Knitamaniacs. 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that colourway and the hat pattern too. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do for the next batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! 🩵🩷💜 Can't say I understand the mechanics of dyeing and spinning, though 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colorway and hat are awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete