Monday, March 14, 2022

Word Gets Out

 Once word gets out that you're willing to sew for others, you can find your self doing all sorts of things. Over the weekend, I hemmed three tablecloths:


The job wasn't quite as straight forward as I'd expected. One of the fabrics was very fine and refused to sew a smooth seam. Eventually I had to settle for 'this is the best I can do', after changing stitch length and tension, and wielding the iron before and after sewing. 

This morning I've been embroidering a monogram for someone else:


It's not very expertly done. Perhaps I could call it rustic? Oh, and I'm still drawing the line at replacing zips in trousers! 

7 comments:

  1. Zips in trousers are the WORST job of all. Stick to your guns, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bittersweet, huh?! 💗💗💗 I like the monogram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You sure do keep busy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would be my best friend if I didn't live across the world from you. I barely know how to thread the machine. sounds like you are getting the projects others didn't want to deal with. I do like the monogram :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about zips!!
    It's nice to have different things to do, it keeps life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep my sewing skills quite. Even more quiet than my organ skills. I'll happily teach someone to do what I do!!

    ReplyDelete