Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Collectives

 What a difference a day makes, as they say.  When the market was cancelled, I put a note on a local Facebook group and received two orders, after the note from the shop wanting puppets on commission. One order is for 11 puppets - 5 monkeys, 5 frogs and a crocodile. The other order is for a monkey and a rabbit. So I only delivered 6 puppets to the shop yesterday, because a definite sale trumps on-commission-not-sure-when-we'll-pay-you. And yesterday I heard that there will be another market on the 9th April. Usually they're only held on the last Saturday of the month. 

Yesterday afternoon I made two monkeys in tandem and now I"m making four frogs:



The main advantage of working this way is that there are fewer changes of thread colour. I didn't do all the monkeys at once though because they're more complicated than the frogs and I didn't want to end up with a whole bunch of half-made monkeys.

But eventually I'll have a troupe of monkeys. I'm not sure of the collective noun for frogs, I'll have to look it up.

Next week I'll have to make more puppets for the market. 

6 comments:

  1. When it rains it pours ...seems to fit your narrative perfectly in a positive way and will keep you merrily busy for the next few days 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I guess when it rains, it pours... pun intended! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you’ll have no time for mischief now, Jane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A group of frogs is officially known as an "army".

    ReplyDelete