Friday, April 3, 2020

Tartan

Of the beaded sort. The pattern is by beadpet. It has a long threading chart, so you have to keep your wits about you, but it's straight forward enough.

The patterns I try don't always work for me. I don't like the pattern after all, or I don't like the colours I've chosen or whatever. I work a small sample, usually two repeats, before I decide whether to continue. Usually I unravel the failure, but there are a few samples lurking about:


The black loop isn't a failure, it's to practise making a loop. I will probably use it eventually.  I don't like the colours in the one on the left. My first attempt to crochet with a 12 bead circumference looks dreadful. The second one, far right, looks better, but I decided the effect wasn't worth the effort.

9 comments:

  1. I'm afraid the counting of beads to create these beautiful patterns would drive me bonkers! I do enjoy seeing all of your bracelets and necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the tartan pattern. You’d have to keep your wits about you for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, I can see the tartan pattern but I can also see Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. I wondered if I’d wandered too far from Africa!

      Delete
  4. Love the tartan pattern, looks very Scottish

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful - definitely Africa!!! I like the one on the left - colours as well as pattern.
    And the 12 bead one should look good in slightly more contrasting colours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beaded bracelets and necklaces are all so pretty!! I like all the differences in the designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 dimensional tartan in beads, wow! All of your samples look so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're building up quite a stock there, Jane. Soon be time to go shopping for more beads, I think!!!

    ReplyDelete