Thursday, April 9, 2020

Handy



I saw this tutorial for a jar opener several weeks ago. I even managed to buy the non-slip cloth in the hardware store! Yesterday I finally got around to making it. It's a quick job. Since then I've seen a version with binding around the edge, which could be neater.

I really like this beach tote . It's made in raffia, which I don't have, but I think cotton yarn could also work. I did a sample.  The pattern is a little confusing in places, but I'm sure I'd get the hang of it if I worked at it. Mmm, not sure. I'll contemplate a little longer.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! That looks like a great project for using up small pieces of fabric. The beach tote is cute, but probably not something I'd tackle... maybe daughter Joanne would make one for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting jar opener! Practical, too, since it is not graded to specific sizes.
    The crochet pattern is one my MIL had done (2 layers only) in very fine thread and is still functional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jar opener! :)
    I am sure your beach tote will be awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what pretty things to fill your days with! I do like the crochet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely jar opener
    thats a lovely crochet pattern, I look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jar opener looks handy, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete