Thursday, April 2, 2020

Onward, Onward

I set myself targets to create a stock of beaded crochet bracelets and necklaces for an open air market at the end of March. I'm not sure why I set myself targets, but there you go, works for me. I met those targets. But then the goalposts moved - the market was cancelled, along with any other possibility of selling the stock. Hmm. I took time out to sew curtains and face masks. That done, I contemplated how to continue. I've decided to go on crocheting. Presumably the markets will eventually reopen. I would have liked to have had some feedback, to get a clearer idea of what items and styles are likely to sell. With no feedback, I'll go on trying different patterns and honing my skills.

Here's a bracelet, 6 beads in circumference. I've been wanting to try one of these patterns that is in sections. The pattern repeat is very long, so for a bracelet, some of the sections are worked twice and some only once. The pattern is signed by shemazgut.


5 comments:

  1. All of these I would want 💐 they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bracelets! It’s a shame so many things are canceled, but it’s best for everyone. Stay healthy and you’ll be ready when those markets open again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bracelets, we are in lock down and in the same boat with all the markets closed.
    Stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete