Sunday, August 18, 2019

Tatting To Go

I've started a new curds and whey braid from Mary Konior's Tatting With Visual Patterns to take on a trip. I was tempted to take my knitting, but it's too bulky. I'll be travelling by bus, so I want to limit the number of bags I take along. Tatting will slip into my handbag instead of having to have its own bag. I'm going to Goudini Spa, near Cape Town, for the two day Congress of the Cape Women's Agricultural Association. I'm looking forward to listening to some interesting speakers, and even more to seeing all the handcraft competition articles. After the Congress, I'll be spending a few days with my cousin who lives near there. So it'll be a while before I write my blog again, though I should get the chance to read blogs while I'm away from home. 

10 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous start!!! :)
    Have a safe and wonderful trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, it sounds very interesting. I agree with you about tatting being much more portable than knitting. Once again I am in Baby Blanket mode and once those start to grow, they have to stay firmly at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how wonderful! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! I love that Mary Konior pattern, but I've never been able to tat it properly. It does look like a great take-along project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, portable tatting! Like you, i’m all about fewer bags. Have a lovely trip, we’ll look forward to your return and tales of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun yet proper trip with the fiber arts :) and tatting is always a great pattern to take alone if you got your pattern memorized which I am sure you do! have fun and I am sure your next post will inform us all great things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Curds and Whey. It's a fabulous thing to take along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah!!! Another fan of Mary Konior's designs! Have a great time in Cape Town, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful I love all of Mary Koniors patterns
    I hope your enjoy your trip and have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking tatting on trips is so much fun! And you chose a wonderful pattern! I'll be setting up a final round of a doily for my trip next week. GAAAK! Next week!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thx for sharing your trip! Always exciting to gather with like-minded friends & family ; )

    ReplyDelete