An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Monday, February 11, 2019
I joined all the flower squares, nine squares across and twelve in length:
Now for the border. I didn't want it to be unrelieved green. But I still want it to frame the squares without distracting from them. Pops of colour is what I was aiming for. I used up all the Italian wool in the squares, but there was also a bright pink yarn in the stash I was given. It's acrylic, not wool, which is not ideal, but on the other hand it does need using up, so I'm using it.
I wasn't sure this would work, but it worked like a charm. I did a row of pink, 3 chains, single crochet into a space. On the next round, the shells cover up most of the chains, so that I'm left with the pop of colour that I wanted. I don't know if I've seen this somewhere and it was lurking in my subconscious, but as far as I know, I made it up.