Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Segments

I've seen several pictures of beaded bangles recently where different patterns are worked in segments, rather than having the same pattern repeated throughout the bangle. I've been wanting to try out the idea. I used this pattern from Lbeads. I like its bright and cheerful look! It has a circumference of 9 beads, which is a bit bigger than I'm used to. I had some difficulty getting going. I'd crochet the first three rounds fine, and then on the fourth round the tube would collapse in on itself and I'd struggle to find the right bead to work into. After half a dozen attempts, I put a pencil into the middle and worked around it. That was rather awkward, but did the trick. After 10 rounds I removed the pencil and could carry on as normal.

4 comments:

  1. Somw segments remind me of Lego blocks and a combo of different segments is very interesting!
    Nice pencil solution 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I've been seeing lots of these pop up lately, just not hand-made. I have the instructions and the materials, so maybe I'll get around to trying one some day.

    ReplyDelete