Wednesday, August 8, 2018

One By One

I have a number of odd balls of sock wool left over from projects. I peer at them every now and then, but they're not colours that 'go' well together, I couldn't think how to combine them to make them usable. Then I saw this pattern, Broken seed stitch or moss stitch socks from FitzBirch. I saw it on Pinterest and followed the links. This is the kind of pattern that is really up my street - it looks complicated but is very simple. No slipping or stranding or complicated repeats. The original has a light coloured solid yarn with a variegated, but I realised that black would also work. It has an interesting texture

7 comments:

  1. Very nice texture type pattern and the combination too. I like it. I also saw the link of socks pattern, you shared. It is really simple, I shall also try it definitely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern; used it often.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost like mini stained glass windows, getting to see little bits of color through each "frame". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, very effective

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good use of using up odd balls and great pattern

    ReplyDelete