Thursday, August 30, 2018

I Don't Think So


Admittedly I worked a very small sample, but I don't think crocheting the metallic thread together with the cotton thread is a good idea. You have to be very careful to keep the threads together to avoid loops of gold sticking out, which is unsightly. And the the metallic thread tends to loop and tangle, which makes for slow and tedious working:
I think I'd be better to do what I did on the previous top and incorporate beads to make sure it is 'evening wear'.

9 comments:

  1. That looks like a idea that sounded better than the reality. I wonder if you could tat with that thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad it didn't work out. You'd think it would be easier than adding beads. Good luck with your next effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not keen on working with metallic thread at all. I have got to grips with it in the machine but only since I bought the correct needles.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look a bit fiddly. I wonder if it wouldn't be scratchy, too.

    The red, on the other hand, is beautiful by itself.

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would think that the metallic would be scratchy to wear also. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't be faulted for trying! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it was a suggestion and you tried gold will have to be worked in another way but gold and red is a gorgeous pair color wise anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Tulip thread looks quite shiny, so beads would add bling to your top. Lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you tried and now you know it does not work,

    ReplyDelete