Monday, January 9, 2017

Flower Garden Blanket

I managed to wash wool between showers and get on with finishing the blanket. It's a bit bigger than I originally envisioned, 160 cm by 115 cm. The squares pattern is here and the tutorial for joining is here. The yarn is wool that I spun. Cream is the natural colour, the other colours I dyed in the microwave.

Quilting clips worked well to keep the strips together for joining:
Pins tend to disappear into the work and be difficult to find again. I don't want to post it off to my granddaughter with pins in it!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ! She's going to be thrilled with this pretty blanket gift and use it for years to come !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Those clips sure come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Those clips look like just rhe thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous work and nice clips I may have to find those :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blanket and the squares are lovely with the flowers in them

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the prettiest granny square quilt I have seen. I love how the flowers are 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning work of art!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane.. really Queen size?? Too good..one again inspiring
    Thank you for sharing the link for the square.. I liked the bag too. Are you planning to make the bag next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not queen size, that's an optical illusion. No, I don't plan to make the bag.

      Delete
  9. you should be very proud of your blanket, it will brighten up any room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Flower Garden "Afghan" Blanket. It is lovely and what an amazing accomplishment for you to have also done all the wool yarn.

    ReplyDelete